The Treepel 750 pack will treat approximately 750 seedlings after planting.
Clean out your knapsack or sprayer thoroughly before applying Treepel Animal Repellant. Like any repellent, Treepel is only effective on treated foliage so a second application may be needed on fast-growing species. You will need a resealable container of about 20 litres capacity.
Important. Apply Treepel as soon as the tree is planted.
The first visit by an animal gives them the bad taste, deterring their return.
- Place all the egg powder in a 20 litre container.
- Add enough water, approximately 1 litre, and mix to a paste.
- Make sure the egg powder has taken up the water and is thoroughly wetted.
- Add a further 5 litres of water.
- Add 2 litres of resin.
- Top up with water to a total of 15 litres.
- Mix thoroughly and then pour the mixture into the sprayer or knapsack.
Spray the plants thoroughly. Treepel is rainfast in 2 to 3 hours. Treepel can be frozen in a resealable container for later use. After 2 or 3 days pre-mixed Treepel will begin to smell like rotten eggs. It is still an effective pest repellent but the odour may be unpleasant! Avoid applying Treepel to broadleaf plants in full sun.